Industry Context: Pickleball Players in the United States
The game of Pickleball has experienced tremendous growth since it was first invented in 1965. According to the Sports and Fitness Industry Association (SFIA) Pickleball Participation Report, Pickleball has grown 21.3% from 2019 – 2020 and 14.8% from 2020 – 2021 to 4.8 million players in the U.S. alone.
• Of the 4.8 million Total participants, 3.5 million were “Casual” players who play 1-7 times a year.
• 1.4 million were “Core” players who play 8 or more times a year.
• While the number of Core participants did not grow from 2020 to 2021, Casual players grew by 22%.
For more facts, go here.
Want to add pickleball to your facility or expand your current pickleball footprint?
With its experience and its network of pickleball pros/instructors, TMPR can help.
Resorts benefit from pickleball.
Sundial Beach Resort & Spa in Sanibel, Florida has offered pickleball to its members since 2019. With the phenomenal growth of the sport they have recognized new opportunities for continued growth. Part of their strategy is the appointment of Peter Redpath as head pickleball pro. Peter’s efforts combined with those of Racquet Sports Manager, Josh Jeffcott, include offering structured programing for members along with events that attract players from all over the country.
PETER REDPATH, HEAD PICKLEBALL PRO
“Sanibel is one of the most unique destinations in the world. Sundial Beach Resort & Spa has recognized the explosive growth of pickleball and has committed to providing a facility that is also world class. Our team of IPTPA professionals are committed to offer high caliber programs, camps and festivals.”
Benefits of being a preferred partner with TMPR SPORTS
• Free personal paddles for your instructors.
• One set of demo paddles at 70% off the MSRP.
• Revenue stream for pro instructors and your resort through paddle sales.
• Custom paddles with your logo added with a minimum order of 20 paddles at 40% off the MSRP.
• Access to TMPR consultants
REINFORCE YOUR BRAND WITH A CUSTOM PADDLE.
“After building our first pickleball court at Tamarack Resort, the sport clearly took off and we found ourselves building three more within three years of the first court. The sport brings the community together and has become a new favorite activity for many of our residents. We offer TMPR’s best paddle, specially designed with our logo. The signature TMPR paddles have been a big hit and our Tamarack community is eager to see the latest and greatest paddle come out each year."
- Levi Johnson, Community Manager, Tamarack Resort